Our Obstetrics Gynecology practice at MedStar Franklin Square offers a multidisciplinary team approach, state-of-the-art technology, personalized, and compassionate care, in one accessible and convenient location. Whether you need routine gynecological and obstetrical care or advanced surgical techniques, Dr. Matlaga and her staff are fully equipped to meet the unique needs of women of all ages. Our full range of services includes:
- Annual exams and pap smears - Our physicians offer routine annual exams and pap smears in a comforting care setting.
- Adolescent care - Young women may have many questions about their menstrual cycle and their changing bodies. Schedule your first gynecological appointment with our physicians.
- Family planning - Our physicians are experienced in providing information, counseling, and pregnancy planning to couples, and we can help you move ahead with your plans to expand your family.
- Genetic counseling - Genetic counseling helps identify the risk of having a baby with birth defects, mental retardation, or an inherited disease. A genetic counselor will discuss tests that are available to you and your baby if any risks have been identified.
- Infertility treatment - We offer assisted reproductive technologies (ART) to couples who have been unable to become pregnant after one year of unprotected, well-timed intercourse or unable to carry a pregnancy that results in a live birth.
- Laparoscopic surgery - Minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robot-assisted procedures are available.
- Midwifery services - Our certified midwives are dedicated to providing wellness services, from routine gynecological care to pregnancy appointments. Midwives also manage labor and delivery for patients who choose them as providers.
- Routine and high-risk obstetrical care - Our physicians offer extra support for women with high-risk pregnancies. Prenatal evaluation and care services include reproductive genetics counseling and fetal diagnosis.
- Treatment for menopause - Our physicians offer suggestions to help with symptoms related to menopause, bone health, nutrition and fitness, and important screenings for this time of your life.
Leigh Matlaga, MD
Leigh Matlaga, MD, is a women's health specialist with more than nine years of experience. She specializes in obstetrics and gynecological medicine for women in adolescence to post-menopause. Named Baltimore magazine's Top Doc in Obstetrics in 2012, Dr. Matlaga has extensive experience in high-risk obstetrics and minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic and robotic surgery. She has been practicing in the greater Baltimore area since 2006.
Because Dr. Matlaga is bilingual in English and Spanish, patients from a variety of backgrounds enjoy having her as their physician.
Dr. Matlaga completed her undergraduate studies at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire and received her medical degree from Yale University. Upon completing her residency at Duke University, she held a position as assistant professor with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Indiana University School of Medicine.
To schedule an appointment, please call 443-777-7608.
Obstetrics and Gynecology at MedStar Franklin Square
9103 Franklin Square Drive
Baltimore, MD 21237
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fridays: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Birth and Family Education Classes
- Fertility Services
- Genetic Services
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Incontinence and Pelvic Surgery
- Preconception Counseling
- Recommended Health Screenings
- Timeline of Care
In the News
See Dr. Matlaga sharing her expertise with the media on important women's health issues in the videos below: