Power to Heal Campaign
MedStar Health's Giving: The Power to Heal Campaign invites associates and physicians to invest through philanthropy and support patient experience initiatives across the system.
A Focus on Patient Experience
Our focus this year is to support, enhance, and sustain a variety of patient experience initiatives across MedStar Health.
In collaboration with leadership and the Power to Heal Campaign Committee, specific initiatives have been developed to enhance the experience of our patients and their families. Commitments to MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center will help renovate the Inpatient Oncology Unit, and update and enhance the infusion center in the Weinberg Cancer Center. Both projects have the power to positively impact the patient experience by providing a beautiful, healing environment for those who turn to us for care.
Gratitude has the Power to Heal
We will celebrate our growing culture of gratitude by creating awareness about philanthropy and how it can impact our patients and their families. Expressions of gratitude have been shown to increase positivity and happiness, deepening our relationships with one another.
Fernando Mena, MD, and Kathy McKinney have been working together in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for eight years. Dr. Mena is grateful for Kathy and keeps her in high regard stating, “Not only is Kathy a pleasure to work with, she is incredibly thorough and caring. Her commitment to detail ensures that our NICU babies and their families receive the best care possible and the love that heals.”
Kathy says that she loves working with Dr. Mena because he teaches her something new every single day. She is grateful for his open-door policy, offering to help answer any question that arises. "Dr. Mena respects all the opinions of his staff, and takes this into consideration when caring for patients," says Kathy.
Ways to Participate
Choose the option that’s best for you.
- One-year payroll deduction: begins on the next available pay date – minimum of $2 per pay period required.
- One-time payroll deduction: total gift identified below will be deducted on the next available pay date - minimum of $5 total payroll deduction please use the printable form
- One-time gift: One-time gift: credit card, cash, or check
Gifts of Gratitude
Make Your Gift in Gratitude to a Colleague!
Did you know gratitude has the Power to Heal? This is true for our patients, their families and even our associates. The Power to Heal campaign is your opportunity to make a gift in gratitude to an associate who has made an impact on you. Once a commitment is made, you will receive an email with the Gifts of Gratitude eCard where you can express your gratitude to your honoree with a personal note. If a gift has been made in your honor by a colleague on their commitment form, you will be notified after the campaign.
Choose to make a Gift of Gratitude online or via the printable commitment form today!
A new commitment form must be submitted each year; please complete the online form:
Or download the printable version and return it via:
- Email to [email protected].
- Drop off at: The Foundation Office, Second Floor, next to Administration.
- Frequently Asked Questions – learn more about the Power to Heal Campaign.
- Giving to United Way of Central Maryland - You may choose to direct some or all of your gift to the United Way of Central Maryland through your participation in this campaign. Learn more about giving to United Way of Central Maryland. For information on designating a gift to the United Way gift, call Jean Sonni at 410-772-6670.
Questions? Contact Jean Sonni, philanthropy engagement officer, at 410-772-6670 or via email at [email protected].