For many women, the pain, discomfort and extended time away from normal daily activities that usually follow traditional gynecologic surgery can cause significant anxiety.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center’s gynecologists specialize in minimally invasive and robotic gynecologic surgical procedures. This approach allows our physicians high-definition 3D vision and a magnified view, translating the surgeon’s hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body.
Our specialists diagnose and treat such conditions as:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Uterine growths
- Ovarian cysts
- Urinary incontinence
- Bladder disorders
Our technology, as well as our approach to treatment, is tailored to the specific needs of each individual patient. We offer the greatest level of comfort and minimally invasive techniques, which reduce recovery time and minimize hospital stays. Areas of expertise include:
- Colposcopy: a procedure used to examine your cervix, vagina, and vulva for signs of disease
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP): one of the most frequently used approaches to treat high grade cervical dysplasia
- Cystoscopy: a test that allows your doctor to look at the inside of the bladder and the urethra using a thin, lighted instrument called a cystoscope
- Urodynamics: a diagnostic study of pressure in the bladder that can be used in explaining and treating incontinence
- Hysteroscopy: a procedure that allows your doctor to look inside your uterus in order to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy: the removal of the uterus
- Uterine fibroid embolization (UFE): a minimally invasive treatment involving the injection of microscopic particles into particular targeted arteries to selectively block blood flow to the fibroids, causing the fibroids themselves to gradually and consistently shrink over time
We also offer quality-of-life evaluations for bladder dysfunctions, including bladder training, vaginal surgeries, and sacral stimulator treatments for severe incontinence that has not responded to other therapies.