From the first trimester to the last, every expectant mother hopes for a smooth pregnancy. Some women may require some extra support for certain things, such as:
- Multiple fetuses
- Chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease
- Babies who are not developing normally
At the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center, we have high risk pregnancy doctors who focus on prenatal evaluation and care.
Services they provide include:
- Reproductive genetics counseling
- Fetal diagnosis
- Cancer genetics
Our team of specialists has performed numerous fetal diagnostic procedures, such as:
- First trimester screening and nuchal translucency
- Detailed fetal ultrasound (Level II or targeted), including Doppler waveform studies
- Chorionic villus sampling (transabdominal and transcervical)
- Placental biopsy
- Fetal monitoring with biophysical profiles and non-stress tests
These tests can identify fetal chromosomal abnormalities, congenital anomalies and fetal growth abnormalities, as well as confirm a healthy baby.