A MedStar Franklin Square nurse checks on a pediatric patient.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center confronts child abuse issues head on. Below is a list of some of our support services and initiatives.
- Establishment of a Multidisciplinary Child Abuse Evaluation Team
- Trained staff to provide acute sexual abuse/assault examinations
- Comprehensive child abuse and neglect services
- Psychological support and case management to victims of acute sexual abuse
- Liaison services to community resources and follow up
- Establishment of a Child Abuse Assessment Clinic
- Social work coverage for victims of both sexual and physical abuse, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Community outreach and training
Did you know children are 35 times more likely than adults to be the victim of identity theft? In the video below, Scott Krugman, MD, chair of Pediatrics at MedStar Franklin Square, explains how a new state campaign will help protect the identity of newborns:
To learn more, please call 443-777-7127.