The Pulmonary Function Lab at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center offers diagnostic testing to evaluate lung function.
There are several reasons why your physician may prescribe a pulmonary function study, which may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Neuromuscular disease
- Interstitial disease
- Cardiac disease
- History of smoking
- Environmental exposure
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Preoperative testing
Your physician will prescribe which type of testing is bested suited to meet your diagnostic needs, which may include:
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing
- Lung volumes
- Arterial blood gas sampling
- Diffusion studies
- Pulse oximetry
- Maximum inspiratory pressure
- Ambulating saturation
- Maximum expiratory pressure
- Impulse oscillometry
For a physician referral, please call 844-411-LUNG.
The Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
9103 Franklin Square Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21237
Adjacent to the Weinberg Cancer Institute.
- Daniel P. Harley, MD, Thoracic Surgeon and Surgical Director of the Lung Center
- Ziv Gamliel, MD, Thoracic Surgeon
- George Pyrgos, MD, Pulmonologist and Medical Director of the Lung Center
- William Krimsky, MD, Interventional Pulmonologist
- Saiyad Aleem Sarkar, MD, Interventional Pulmonologist
- Ruth Evans, RN, Lung Nurse Navigator