George Pyrgos, MD, with a pulmonary patient at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
Pulmonary medicine is a subspecialty of internal medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract. A pulmonologist has expertise in the evaluation of patients with breathlessness, cough, wheezing, and chest tightness, as well as abnormalities of the chest x-ray, chest CT scan, and other chest imaging studies.
Disorders frequently diagnosed and managed by a pulmonologist include:
- Arterial Blood Gas
- Chest Radiography
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Computerized Tomography
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Lung Cancer and Tumors
- Lung Scan
- Occupational Lung Disease
- Pleural Effusions
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Function Tests
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Respiratory Failure
For a physician referral, please call 443-777-7900.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
9000 Franklin Square Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21237
- George Pyrgos, MD, Pulmonologist and Medical Director of the Lung Center
- William Krimsky, MD, Interventional Pulmonologist
- Saiyad Aleem Sarkar, MD, Interventional Pulmonologist
Affiliated Pulmonary Providers