Lung disease is any problem in the lungs that prevents them from functioning properly. The condition may be the result of a narrowing or blockage of the airways, tissue scarring or inflammation, or problems with blood vessels. Tumors can also result from smoking or long-term exposure to smoke or other harmful substances.
The physicians and specialists at the Angelos Center are well-versed in the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of lung disease. Here are just some of the many conditions we treat:
- Small Cell and Non-Small Cell Cancers of the Lung and Chest Cavity
- Malignant Mesothelioma
- Tumors of the Chest Wall
- Mediastinal Masses
- Esophageal Tumors
- Metastic Disease to the Lungs
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Bronchiolitis Obliterans
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Infections of the Lung
- Pleural Diseases, Including Pleural Effusion
Immunologic Lung Diseases
- Autoimmune Associated Lung Diseases
Occupational Lung Diseases
- Occupational Asthma
For a physician referral, please call 844-411-LUNG.
The Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
9103 Franklin Square Dr.
Baltimore, MD 21237
Adjacent to the Weinberg Cancer Institute.
Have a Question?
Ask our Nurse Navigator Ruth Evans, RN