It's not just about losing weight. It's about regaining your health. It's a chance to say goodbye to high cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnea, and joint problems. It’s about a better quality of life for your future.
From valuable pre-surgery education and weight loss strategies customized for you, to an accessible team of professionals and support through your recovery, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center helps you establish a path toward healthy living that can benefit your entire family.
MedStar Franklin Square’s bariatric program has multiple steps: educational seminar, pre-surgery, surgery, and post-surgery. Surgery may get the most attention, but the presurgical and postsurgical periods are crucial to the success of the operation and your continuing health.
- Educational seminar: There is a mandatory education seminar for all interested in learning about the different options for bariatric surgery and determining if you are a candidate. Presentations on topics such as diet, nutrition, and behavior modifications are provided by the bariatric team. A physician is on hand to discuss procedures and to answer all your questions. Support members are invited to attend as well. See seminar dates and times.
- Preoperative weight management program: You begin with a monitored weight loss program. The comprehensive weight loss program we offer lasts up to seven months, depending on your previous documented weight management and your insurance requirements. You must have evidence of weight loss during this period to undergo the surgery.
- Surgery: Following successful completion of the weight management program, you undergo the bariatric surgery operation.
- Follow-up: This is the most important step. We are committed to follow-up care with you for at least five years, but ideally the rest of your life. It is important to monitor your weight loss, your diet, and overall health.
Learn More About Bariatric Surgery:
- About our Bariatric Surgery Center
- Why Choose the MedStar Franklin Square Bariatric Program
To register for a free education seminar, please call 443-777-7900.