Bariatric Surgery Treatments at MedStar Franklin Square in Baltimore
Christopher You, MD, board-certified bariatric surgeon and medical director of the Bariatric Program at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. At MedStar Franklin Square, we focus on helping you achieve your goals, improve your health and maximize your quality of life. You can do this.
It's not just about losing weight. It's about regaining your health. It's a chance to say goodbye to high cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnea, and joint problems. It’s about a better quality of life for your future.
From valuable pre-surgery education and weight loss strategies customized for you, to an accessible team of professionals and support through your recovery, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center helps you establish a path toward healthy living that can benefit your entire family.
MedStar Franklin Square’s bariatric program has multiple steps: educational seminar, pre-surgery, surgery, and post-surgery. Surgery may get the most attention, but the presurgical and postsurgical periods are crucial to the success of the operation and your continuing health.
- Educational seminar: There is a mandatory education seminar for all interested in learning about the different options for bariatric surgery and determining if you are a candidate. We are currently offering this seminar online, so you can get started at your convenience and on your own schedule. Attend the online weight loss seminar here.
- Preoperative weight management program: You begin with a monitored weight loss program. This lasts three to six months, depending on your previous documented weight management and your insurance requirements. You must have evidence of weight loss during this period to undergo the surgery.
- Surgery: Following successful completion of the weight management program, you undergo the bariatric surgery operation. Learn more about the types of bariatric surgery.
- Follow-up: This is the most important step. We are committed to follow-up care with you for at least five years, but ideally the rest of your life. It is important to monitor your weight loss, your diet, and overall health.
Learn More about Bariatric Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- About Our Bariatric Surgery Center
- Types of Bariatric Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery Candidacy
- Bariatric Surgery FAQs
- Pre- and Post Surgical Support
- Bariatric Classes