The Bariatric Surgery Center at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center provides a complete weight loss program based on your unique needs.
Take the first step in the right direction and begin your weight loss journey today. Complete the online seminar now to get answers to your questions about bariatric surgery.
COVID-19 CANNOT STOP YOU!
Staying put at home due to COVID-19? It’s the perfect time to take the first step toward achieving your weight loss goals. Preparing for bariatric surgery takes some time, and now, patients can complete the entire (most of the) process from home.
Start by taking the informational seminar (required) online. You can click the blue button below the photo to complete it. After that, you will receive an email regarding your next steps. we will schedule your first appointment with the doctor “virtually.” We are currently offering online classes as part of the preparation process. It’s really that easy!
Bariatric and Weight Loss Management Program
Our Bariatric and Weight Loss Management Program offers:
- Educational seminar - This is a mandatory education seminar to determine if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery. Learn more.
- Preoperative weight management program - A three to six month monitored weight loss program.
- Bariatric Surgery - Our program offers safe and effective weight loss surgery and top bariatric surgeons trained in the latest technologies. Learn more about the types of bariatric surgery.
- Free Monthly Support Group - A solid support system for long-term weight loss success. Monthly meetings include open discussions about weight loss information and activities to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Facebook Support Group - This private Facebook group is for current and prospective patients to have an avenue to share their progress and have an opportunity to connect with others who are on this same journey. Visit our Medstar Franklin Square Medical Center Bariatric Facebook Support Group
High-Quality Bariatric Surgical Care
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is fully accredited through the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) for providing the safest most effective weight loss surgery procedures. MBSAQIP works to advance safe, high-quality care for bariatric surgical patients through the accreditation of bariatric surgical centers.
We provide a comprehensive weight loss program based on your unique needs. Our team includes bariatric surgeons, gastroenterologists, registered dietitians, exercise physiologist/physical therapist, mental health professionals, and a bariatric coordinator.
Our surgeons are trained in the latest technologies, including robotic surgery. The da Vinci® Surgical System is used for multiple types of bariatric treatment options. Your surgeon will decide if you are a candidate for a surgical bariatric procedure following a comprehensive evaluation.