MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center provides comprehensive, technology-based surgical services, offering the latest, most innovative treatment for patients with a wide range of medical conditions. Other distinguished specialty service lines include: medicine, oncology, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, behavioral health, and ambulatory services.
Over the past several years, MedStar Franklin Square has made significant investments in technology, including the da Vinci® robotic surgical system and CyberKnife®, which aids in the precise treatment of cancerous tumors. Additionally, the hospital opened a new, highly advanced neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and cardiac catheterization lab in 2016, as well as the MedStar Health Bel Air Medical Campus, a 100,000 square-foot facility offering urgent care, primary care and multi-specialty care services, in Harford County. In 2018, a new Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Center opened its doors, bringing four orthopaedic practices together into one centralized location. And in 2020, MedStar Franklin Square plans to unveil a $70 million surgical pavilion, designed to optimize surgical processes, safety, and patient outcomes.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and has earned some of the region and nation’s most prestigious honors and accolades as a provider of superior, quality-centered, outcomes-based patient care. Among the most recent:
- The American Health Association/American Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines®” Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award.
- Women’s Choice Award® for being one of America’s Best Hospitals in five distinct areas of specialty: Bariatric Surgery, Breast Care, Cancer Care, Obstetrics, and Patient Safety.
- Magnet Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing.
- The Delmarva Foundation Award for Quality Excellence and Baby Friendly® Designation.
- Consumer Reports citation as one of 32 hospitals nationwide (and the only hospital in Maryland) to significantly reduce central line infections in intensive care units.
- In November 2017, Baltimore magazine recognized 65 MedStar Franklin Square physicians as “Top Doctors,” representing 46 clinical specialties.
Additionally, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is recognized as one of the largest employers in Baltimore County. MedStar Franklin Square continuously invests in community health and wellness initiatives. In 2016, more than $33 million was allocated to community benefit programs.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Facts
|Fiscal Year 2017 Statistics|
|Total Licensed Beds||353|
|Annual Emergency Department Visits||88,000|
|Annual Baby Deliveries||2,650|
- Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
- The Bariatric Surgery Center
- The Breast Center
- Center for Digestive Disease
- Center for Gynecologic Oncology
- The CyberKnife® Center
- The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Cancer Institute
- Liver Evaluation Clinic - MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute
- The Maryland Melanoma Center
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center
- The National Center for Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
- Pediatric Orthopaedics Surgical Oncology Center