MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center proudly celebrated our 50th anniversary in Eastern Baltimore County caring for our community.
MedStar Franklin Square provides comprehensive, technology-based surgical services, offering the latest, most innovative treatment for patients with a wide range of medical conditions. Other distinguished specialty service lines include: medicine, oncology, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, and ambulatory services.
Over the past several years, MedStar Franklin Square has made significant investments in technology, including the da Vinci® robotic surgical system and CyberKnife®. Our cancer programs at MedStar Franklin Square and MedStar Health Bel Air officially became part of MedStar Georgetown Cancer Institute, supporting MedStar Health's multidisciplinary model of care. Our Reconstructive Surgery Center was also launched for patients who have undergone extensive cancer-removing surgeries. We also opened a new Inpatient Oncology Unit providing beautiful, spacious facilities for its patients and families. In December 2018, MedStar Franklin Square broke ground on a new $70 million surgical pavilion (scheduled to open in 2020), which will house 14 operating suites, pre/post-operative recovery areas, and associate support spaces, all designed to optimize surgical processes, quality of care, safety, and patient outcomes.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, MedStar Franklin Square is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and has earned some of the region and nation’s most prestigious honors and accolades as a provider of superior, quality-centered, outcomes-based patient care. Among the most recent:
- Magnet Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in nursing. Awarded in 2008, 2013, & 2018 (4 year designation).
- The American Health Association's "Mission: Lifeline® - STEMI Receiving Center" Gold Award.
- Women’s Choice Award® for being one of America’s Best Hospitals in Breast Care.
- The American Health Association/American Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines®” Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award.
- First hospital in the Baltimore Area to be recognized by The Cribs for Kids® National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification Program.
- In November 2019, Baltimore magazine recognized 55 MedStar Franklin Square physicians as “Top Doctors,” representing 50 clinical specialties, with a collective total of 65 recognitions.
- Maryland Patient Safety Center's Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Center of Excellence Award.
- 2019 Nurse Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) Senior Friendly.
Additionally, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is recognized as one of the largest employers in Baltimore County. MedStar Franklin Square continuously invests in community health and wellness initiatives. In 2018, more than $41 million was allocated to community benefit programs.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Facts
|Fiscal Year 2019 Statistics|
|Total Licensed Beds||347|
|Total Number of Physicians||679|
|Annual Emergency Department Visits||78,708|
|Annual Baby Deliveries||2,299|
- Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
- Bariatric Surgery Center
- The Breast Center
- Center for Digestive Disease
- Center for Gynecologic Oncology
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education Center
- Neurology & Stroke Center
- Center for Neurosurgery
- The CyberKnife® Center
- MedStar Health Cancer Network
- Liver Evaluation Clinic - MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute
- The Maryland Melanoma Center
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center
- The National Center for Bone & Soft Tissue Tumors
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Surgical Oncology Unit
- Women's Health Center