MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center provides comprehensive, technology-based surgical services, offering the latest, most innovative treatment for patients with a wide range of medical conditions. Other distinguished specialty service lines include: medicine, oncology, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, and ambulatory services.
Over the past several years, MedStar Franklin Square has made significant investments in technology, including the da Vinci® robotic surgical system and CyberKnife®, which aids in the precise treatment of cancerous tumors. In 2018, the hospital opened a new Inpatient Oncology Unit providing beautiful, spacious facilities for its patients and families. In addition, a new Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine Center opened its doors, bringing four orthopaedic practices together into one centralized location. In December 2018, MedStar Franklin Square broke ground on a new $70 million surgical pavilion designed to optimize surgical processes, safety, and patient outcomes. The highly anticipated surgical pavilion is scheduled to open in 2020.
Accredited by the Joint Commission, MedStar Franklin Square is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and has earned some of the region and nation’s most prestigious honors and accolades as a provider of superior, quality-centered, outcomes-based patient care. Among the most recent:
- Magnet Designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for excellence in A four year-designation awarded in 2008, 2013, & 2018.
- The American Health Association's "Mission: Lifeline® - STEMI Receiving Center" Gold Award.
- Women’s Choice Award® for being one of America’s Best Hospitals in Breast Care.
- The American Health Association/American Stroke Association’s “Get with the Guidelines®” Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award.
- First hospital in the Baltimore Area to be recognized by The Cribs for Kids® National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification Program.
- In November 2018, Baltimore magazine recognized 59 MedStar Franklin Square physicians as “Top Doctors,” representing 49 clinical specialties.
- Maryland Patient Safety Center's Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Center of Excellence Award.
Additionally, MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center is recognized as one of the largest employers in Baltimore County. MedStar Franklin Square continuously invests in community health and wellness initiatives. In 2017, more than $35 million was allocated to community benefit programs.
MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Facts
|Fiscal Year 2018 Statistics|
|Total Licensed Beds||348|
|Total Number of Physicians||1,018|
|Annual Emergency Department Visits||85,810|
|Annual Baby Deliveries||2,574|
- Angelos Center for Lung Diseases
- The Bariatric Surgery Center
- The Breast Center
- Center for Digestive Disease
- Center for Gynecologic Oncology
- Diabetes & Nutrition Education Center
- Neurology & Stroke Center
- Center for Neurosurgery
- The CyberKnife® Center
- MedStar Health Cancer Network
- Liver Evaluation Clinic - MedStar Georgetown Transplant Institute
- The Maryland Melanoma Center
- The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center
- The National Center for Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Surgical Oncology Unit
- Women's Health Center