Marcia Hogan, RN, demonstrates technology at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center.
MedStar Franklin Square is the largest employer in eastern Baltimore County and the third busiest hospital in central Maryland. We are one of the largest Emergency Department’s in the state caring for patients in Maryland. To become part of our team, check out our current job openings.
Learn more about MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center in the video below:
We are committed to offering a variety of employee options to meet your needs and maintaining our position in the marketplace at or above the 75th percentile.
To augment your base salary we also offer the following:
- Evening, night and weekend differentials
- Extra shift bonus
- Call-back bonus
- Preceptor bonus
- Charge nurse pay
- Professional Nursing Ladder with five steps
We provide you with choices and technology to maximize your scheduling options:
- "Square Shifts" - an online scheduling tool that allows you to sign up for extra shifts on any unit for which you are clinically qualified.
- Internal Registry that provides all the flexibility of an agency without the instability.
- No shift rotation so you can plan your life.
- Weekend option to help you balance family obligations.
Full-time nurses receive up to $3,000 and part-time nurses receive up to $1,500 per calendar year toward tuition for formal education or certification preparation programs. Nurses also receive reimbursement for fees paid for certification or recertification within their clinical specialty.
Hospital-Sponsored Educational Advancement
We support our nurses in continuing their education through both a hospital-based RN to BSN degree program in partnership with Notre Dame College and an online RN to MS program in partnership with the University of Maryland.
Auxiliary Nursing Scholarship in Honor of Marlene Cochran Fund
The mission of the scholarship fund is to assist nurses or allied health professionals to further their nursing education and advance in their employment with MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center. The scholarship fund was established in 2014.
The scholarship application will be sent out to staff members February 2016.
All breastfeeding associates have access to our “expression suites” throughout the hospital, where they can pump in private and find information about pumping, maximizing their milk supply, resources and legal rights for pumping at work. Contact the Lactation Resource Center at 443-777-7427 with any questions.
The benefits offered at MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center include a comprehensively designed package that provides support to nurses and their families. Our Total Rewards package is one of the most competitive in the region and most flexible for our staff. Staff nurses, through the Nursing Retention and Recruitment Council, provide input and keep us focused on strategies to reward, recognize, retain and recruit talented nurses.
- No shift rotation
- Opportunity to participate in shared governance councils
- Online access to Nursing Spectrum CE Direct at no cost
- Online ability to pick up extra shifts through "Square Shifts"
- Flexible, unit-based self-scheduling
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Tax deferred savings plan - 403b
- Short- and long-term disability
- Six paid holidays per year
- Three personal holidays a year
- Free parking
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct deposit
If you like what MedStar Franklin Square has to offer, please contact our Nurse Recruitment Office at 443-777-7045.