Promoting the Health and Well Being of Women Throughout the Life Span
The Women's Health Center provides outpatient obstetrical and gynecological services to the community. Our patient population often includes the uninsured and those receiving state benefits. The patients are managed through the faculty/obstetrical residency program and advanced practice nursing staff. Patients can be referred to the on site high risk pregnancy clinic which is supervised and managed by the perinatologist. All OB/GYN patients can also be referred to the colposcopy clinic for treatment and evaluation of abnormal PAP smears.
Registered nurses provide a nurse telephone triage line Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for all Women's Health Center patients.
Our Promise to Our Patients
- Utilizing a team approach, we will provide patient education to patients and families about good health practices, family planning, and community resources.
- We will identify an individualized plan of care for each outpatient obstetrical patient that will be communicated and utilized by the inpatient team.
- We will encourage patients to attend annual appointments for appropriate screening exams.
- We will be recognized by the medical and residency staff as knowledgeable members of the health care team and utilized as resources for patient care.
- We are a unique and diverse team that values each other's strengths to meet the needs of our patients and their families.
- We recognize culturally diverse and varied socioeconomic patient populations and care for them in a non-judgmental manner.