Providing Safe, Compassionate, Efficient Care: Every Child, Every Time
The MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center Pediatric Unit is a combined unit, accommodating both the Pediatric ED and Inpatient Pediatric patients. The unit is equipped with three dedicated inpatient beds with the ability to flex to six and 11 dedicated ED beds with the ability to flex to 18.
Patients requiring ICU care are transferred to other facilities after initial treatment and full stabilization, with implementation of advanced life support measures as necessary. Patients not requiring ICU care are admitted to Pediatrics, where there are full monitoring capabilities. Most pediatric subspecialty care is available at MedStar Franklin Square (orthopedics, surgery, psychiatry, otolaryngology, cardiology, gastroenterology, urology). Further Pediatric subspecialty support is provided via telephone consultation from the University of Maryland. The inpatient unit provides 24-hour care to patients up to age 18; the ED treats all patients age 17 and under.
Our Promise to Our Patients
- We will be the premier provider of pediatric healthcare for Baltimore County and surrounding areas.
- Our patients and families will feel safe, comfortable and respected while receiving quality care in a child-friendly and developmentally appropriate environment.
- As a team, we value effective communication, mutual respect, teamwork and accountability.
- We will be the employer of choice for the most qualified, competent, and compassionate pediatric healthcare providers in the LAND.
- We support career development and on-going education.
- We will be visible in the community at healthcare related events/promotions on state and local levels.