Improving the Lives of Kidney Patients One at a Time Through Advocacy and Education
Med/Surg Renal is a 44 bed medical/surgical unit, with a primary focus on patients with renal diseases/disorders. Hemodialysis services are provided to those patients admitted for acute renal failure as well as those patients in need of long term dialysis care. 24-hour care is delivered to the patient population from a holistic care delivery team (males and females ranging in age from 16 to 100+, with diverse cultural, social backgrounds and needs). Nurses are responsible for integration and coordination of this care.
Our promise to our patients:
- We seek to provide superior patient outcomes through evidence based practice and the application of accepted patient care standards.
- We are committed to our own professional development in order to provide the highest level of nursing care to all of patients.
- We will provide patient and family education at the level required to promote understanding of the disease process and create an environment of trust.
- We will employ state of the art technology to promote efficient and effective treatment in an effort to reduce the time our patients spend in the hospital.
- We are committed to a customer focus and will strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- We will establish quality measures and continuously monitor our progress against industry leaders to identify opportunities to improve patient care outcomes.
- Care coordination will be at the core of our collaboration with all disciplines associated with our patients care in order to achieve excellent outcomes.
- We will strive to be fiscally responsible while providing the highest level of medical and nursing care.
- We will be recognized both internally and externally as the unit of choice for patients requiring treatment of acute and chronic renal disease.