Highest Quality Care Delivered with Compassion
Med/Surg Neurology is a 28 bed medical unit with a primary focus on neurology patients. Service is also provided to a large percentage of geriatric patients including patients from Oakcrest, a geriatric community. 24-hour care is delivered to the patient population (males and females ranging in age from 16 to 100+, with diverse cultural, social backgrounds and needs) an interdisciplinary care delivery team. Nurses are responsible for integration and coordination of this care.
Our promise to our patients:
- We will be the premier neurology unit recognized as a Stroke Center of Excellence.
- We will set the "gold standard" for care coordination that demonstrates excellence in patient outcomes.
- We will be acknowledged for maintaining state of the art clinical knowledge and demonstrate continuous professional development.
- We will be dedicated to providing compassionate individualized care to our patients treating each patient as if they are a member of our family.
- We will be recognized for our commitment to patient safety and the use of clinical research, technology and equipment to continuously improve patient safety.
- We will attain patient satisfaction unsurpassed by other area hospitals.
- Our physicians will recognize us as collaborative partners of the health care team in our contribution to superb patient outcomes.
- We are a professional team with a strong commitment to excellence.
'I enjoy working with experienced staff who really care."
"We have great teamwork and support from our unit leadership."
Patient and Family Experiences:
"One family member stated how grateful she was for the extra care her husband had received. The staff are wonderful."
"A patient's daughter states her father received top-notch care. Everyone from the doctors, nurses, care associates, dietary etc. were warm, friendly and helpful."
"Everyone was professional and friendly. The care was wonderful, felt spoiled, never neglected. Tried to think of a reason to stay longer.".