Promoting the Good Health of Mothers and Babies
The Maternal/Fetal Assessment provides antenatal testing services to high risk pregnant patients on an outpatient basis. These services include non-stress testing, measurement of biophysical profiles, contraction stress tests and outpatient inductions. These tests are performed by registered nurses in conjunction with faculty/resident and private medical staff.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Patients requiring urgent or emergent needs outside of the scheduled hours of operation will be seen in the Women's Pavilion Triage location.
Our Promise to Our Patients
- We will be recognized as the preferred referral center for high risk pregnancies in Baltimore and Harford counties.
- We strongly encourage and support early prenatal screening exams and genetic counseling to allow families more time for decision making.
- Utilizing a team approach, we will provide patient and family education for optimal obstetrical outcomes.
- We identify an individualized plan of care for each outpatient obstetrical patient that will be communicated and utilized by the inpatient team.
- We recognize the unique ethics and values of each patient and care for them in a nonjudgmental and respectful manner.
- We will be recognized by the medical and residency staff as knowledgeable members of the health care team and utilized as resources for patient care.