Providing Expert Critical Care One Step Closer to Home
The Intermediate Care unit (IMC) is a 26-bed critical care step-down unit. We receive patients from many areas, including but not limited to: the Emergency Department, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Intensive Care Unit, and medical-surgical floors. All of our patients have continuous pulse-oximetry and telemetry monitoring. We also care for patients needing bi-pap support, patients with arterial lines, and/or central venous pressure monitoring. We have multi-disciplinary rounds each day on all patients, lead by an Intensivist. We are supported with 24-hour coverage by a physician's assistant (PA) assigned to the unit. 24-hour care is delivered to the patient population (males and females ranging in age from 18 to 100+, with diverse cultural, social backgrounds and needs) an interdisciplinary care delivery team. Nurses are responsible for integration and coordination of this care.
Our Promise to Our Patients
- We will deliver exceptional care as an Intermediate Step on our patient's road to recovery.
- We will provide an atmosphere of camaraderie and teamwork while delivering quality patient care, with a sense of fun and family.
- We will provide excellent care to patients with complex medical and nursing care needs in a supportive and compassionate environment.
- We will be recognized by the medical staff as a key patient advocate, and a valued member of the care coordination team.
- We will collaborate with the inter-disciplinary team to assure positive patient outcomes.
- We will continually assess our performance, and participate in quality improvement initiatives to attain excellence in patient care and high patient satisfaction.
- We will assure that patient flow into and out of the IMC is timely, efficient, and appropriate to meet our patient's needs.
- We will maintain the highest level of nursing expertise through continuous professional development.