Patients, Family, and Staff Experiencing an Environment of Clinical Skill, Kindness, and Compassion
General Surgical is a 30-bed general surgical unit that provides care to patients undergoing surgical procedures such as colorectal, G.I., thoracic/pulmonary, neurosurgery, oncology, bariatric, and orthopedic, as well as the occasional overflow of medical patients. 24-hour care is delivered to the patient population (males and females ranging in age from 16 to 100+, with diverse cultural, social backgrounds and needs) by an interdisciplinary care delivery team. Nurses are responsible for integration and coordination of this care.
Our promise to our patients:
- We will be the unit of choice for physicians and their patients for post operative care because our highly motivated staff are expert clinicians who treat patients and their loved ones like family.
- We will utilize clinical pathways to assist the health care team in providing optimum family oriented care to produce the best possible outcomes.
- We will have happy, satisfied patients, family, and staff.
- Our dedicated staff will provide a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, always striving to ensure the most positive experience possible.
- We will be at the top of the Press Ganey database.
- We will be the most sought after unit to work on.