MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center's Nursing Leadership Team will be seen across the organization for its focus on and instilling at culture of leadership development. MedStar Franklin Square will be known in the community as the employer of choice for nurse leaders, recognized for its commitment to the profession of nursing and the delivery of high quality service to patients. From day to day decisions, to large department-wide policy, nursing will champion the mission to meet the needs of our patients, families and the communities we serve.
- We will create a culture of leadership through continuous development opportunities targeted to meet the strategic needs of the organization and the personal growth desires of our nurse leaders.
- We will assist and support each leader to develop and implement an individualized career plan.
- We are committed to a highly developed and unique orientation for nurse managers reinforcing the philosophy of shared governance, professional accountability and key concepts and strategies for nurse retention.
- We will continue to develop a professional practice culture using research and evidence-based studies to guide clinical and administrative practices.
- We will provide the resources, tools and technology to support nursing leaders in the management of their unit (s).
- We will recognize and celebrate creativity and innovation in leadership throughout the organization.
- We will measure targeted outcomes to assure ongoing success of nursing leadership and to identify opportunities for continued improvement.